Monday, January 7, 2013

Introduction/Hello!

Hi Everyone!
My name's Abby. 

See this is me right here^.^
















I'm a person, that should be evident, and I'm also a design and fashion obsessive and a student starting in journalism this year at my university.

I really don't think that is a very, erm, exhaustive description of me but it's all you really need to know for this blog (I don't tell you that I eat a lot of dried fruit, that my favorite shows are futurama, arrested development and firefly, that I'm superr perverted, or that I was an anarchist in high school... what do you need to know those things for?).  This is going to be the main hub for my fashion fixation!  I have a lookbook, and you might also catch me being all weird on tumblr, but if you want to fall victim to all of my narcissism & to my fabulous self-portraits this is the place!  

if I'm going to blog about fashion, I might as well tell you about me and the relationship I have with fashion and design---
  • Punk Rock has a firm place in my heart.  I'm still angsty on the inside.  One of the biggest academic achievements, in my life (in my mind) was this presentation I made on punk rock senior year of high school.  Yes, I love Vivienne Westwood.  Yes, I am a poser and I don't care (X-Ray Spex).  No, don't let anyone tell you punk isn't about fashion. In a big way, punk is about the aesthetic of shock value and the statement that DIY ethos makes.
  • Since I was 10 years old, Harajuku style and decora has been my life-force.  I just got the book Fruits off of Amazon this past summer and it is one of my most valued possessions.
  • I think of myself as a free-spirit.  I've always loved bohemian style as it captures my soul.
  • The 60's and the 70's have a clear influence on my style.  I have infinite love for Mod fashion and design.  Of course, sometimes I can be a bit of a hippy, too.  The biggest design inspiration that has come to me via film was in Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange, the color, sex, and the surrealism of that movie captured me and excited me just as much as the flawless theological philosophy behind the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment